Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Pro Reveiw

2 posters

Go down

Race Pro Reveiw Empty Race Pro Reveiw

Post by FTW Overboost Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Game : Race Pro
Platform : Xbox 360
Genre : Racing
Developers : Simbin
Publishers : Atari

The Overview :
Race Pro is the latest in a line of simulation raicng games from English developers Simbin,this being there first foray into the world of console gaming.Simbin are headed up by a 2 time Sweedish touring car champ...these guys know how to make a racing game.Simbin have recived wide praise for thier PC based racing games,and Race Pro is looking to build upon this legacy,Can this be the case or will Race Pro be another case of cross platform disaster.Lets find out :

Gameplay :
There is a rather gentle introduction into the world of Race Pro,you are given the keys of a Mini Challenge car which only has 200 BHP and is relativly responsive through the corners.Myself being a avid sim raicng fan decide this should be no problem,turn on the hardest difficulty and start my first race,all is going well up until the first corner where I plow straight off into the dirt.Time for a re-evaluation I think.So I restart the race and approch the first corner rather gingerly and make it through ok.My first lap on Race Pro is a less than convicing affair on my behalf.after a few races I have the Mini's handdling down to a tee,the physics engine is in it's element,with every input being matched by feedback from the controller,theres a good sense of how the car handles from inside the car view.In short,you feel connected to the track.IMO this physics engine is better than Forza's in terms of both the feedback thorugh the controller and the Anti Lock Brakes.Turning it off in Forza is a sure fire way to cause you some fustration but in Race Pro the braking is more life like,with a much lower tendancy to lock up with any percentage of depression of the brake button.

Graphics :
Oh No !

Simbin really dropped the ball here and Forza easily take the win

Graphics,mostly shadowing, is done very poorly and the lighting is average at best.This looks like a PS2 game in terms of graphics unfortunatly

On the plus side,the carbon fibre on the open wheel cars looks fantastic,the digital dials are clear and readable and mirrors are life like.Forzas textures are much smoother and level of general graphics detail is higher.Forza takes the win here

Online :
Simbins servers are not up to scratch for a full release,although once you get a decent lobby,racing is fun and close.I would presume within due time that this instability will be resolved.

Final Score
Overall 8/10

+ Great physics engine and sound
+ Decent selection of cars
+ Tuning options are plentiful

- Last Gen Graphics
- Computer AI is a bit ''hit and miss''
- Steep learning curve for Sim racing beginners

Final Words :
You will like Race Pro if you are :

A) A hardcore Sim racing fan
B) A fan of Simbins PC based games

The casual racer will prefer Forza's more forgiving nature and steay learning curve,this would appeal to most of racing market nowadays.It will be interesting to see how much DLC is added to the game once it has been released for awhile

Discuss and comment as you wish

FTW Overboost
Clan Member

Number of posts : 553
Gamertag : Race Pro Reveiw FTW+Overboost
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Race Pro Reveiw Empty Re: Race Pro Reveiw

Post by FBI TOXiiC Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Do u have a steering wheel for ur 360 ?
FBI TOXiiC
FBI TOXiiC
Clan Member

Male Number of posts : 1524
Gamertag : Race Pro Reveiw FBI Toxiic

Back to top Go down

Post by FTW Overboost Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:50 am

No I don't,but on the subject of wheels,this game supports the Logitech G25 wheel with 6 speed gearbox and clutch

FTW Overboost
Clan Member

Number of posts : 553
Gamertag : Race Pro Reveiw FTW+Overboost

Back to top Go down

Post by FBI TOXiiC Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

Y don't ya get one Razz
FBI TOXiiC
FBI TOXiiC
Clan Member