Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Club LA : Review

Go down

Midnight Club LA : Review Empty Midnight Club LA : Review

Post by FTW Overboost Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:44 am

*sits back and cracks knuckles*

Time for my first review in a while

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game : Midnight Club LA
Publisher : Rockstar Games
Price : Around 60 Euro

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Review :
I went out last friday with a view to renting the brilliant Bioshock for the PS3,but my natural car-loving instinct I said I would rent MC to see what it was like.

Gameplay :
The City is moddled after LA very well and the map is very detailed.The other drivers are quite odd,they all drive around at about 20 MPH under the limit.Cops are very easy to evade and dont give much of a challenge

You can start with either a VW MK1 GTi, VW Sirroco and Nissan 240SX I chose the Golf and went to the garage and started to modify my car,turns out I only could afford a set of wheels.I' turned it into a very clean euro looking car after a few races.The range of mods are amazing.

The races are very repetitive and boring after a while,and the driving physics leave alot to be desired.Cars handles the same with 18 wheels as the do with 23 inch wheels which is disapointed

Graphics :

MCLA needed to pull it back in this section and it does a good job of interior models and exterior models,other drivers cars look stupid with huge wheels and bodykits.Lighting is adaquate and the sound is below par,not sounding any diffeerent if you have a stage 3 exhaust or a standard one Rolling Eyes

Multiplayer :

I didnt take this game online but I'd say the target demographic of this game will have no understanding of Euro look cars and will go for huge wheels and be confused when I tell them that my car is a proper 'DUB'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating :6/10
Pros : Great Options for changing the look of your car,Fun game for some(just not me)
Cons : Sound is below par,Annoying physics,repetive racing

Rent or buy : Rent for a week

FTW Overboost
Clan Member

Number of posts : 553
Gamertag : Midnight Club LA : Review FTW+Overboost
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down